Towny Ranking System!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sparky___, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Sparky___

Sparky___ ‌‌  ‌‌  ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +235
    This week we are releasing a ranking system for all players. The following is a breakdown of the ranks, their requirements, their rewards, etc.

Important information:
    -Access the Rank GUI by doing /rank in-game.
    -Ranks reset each world to the specified rank.
    -Donor ranks do not override playtime ranks.
    -Playtime is based off of world playtime NOT server playtime.

UrbanMC Towny Ranks

1. Starter Rank
    -Playtime Requirement: 0 hours
    -Cost to Rank-up: N/A
    -mcMMO Power Level Requirement: N/A
    -Job Requirement: N/A

Kits Available: /kit armor, /kit tools, /kit food
    Rewards: None
    Pets Available: None
    Trails Available: None
    Block Particles Available: None
    Tag Color: White (&f)

2. Novice Rank
    -Playtime Requirement: 6 hours
    -Cost to Rank-up: $10,000
    -mcMMO Power Level Requirement: None
    -Job Requirement: None

Kits Available: All previous kits
    Rewards: Ability to make towns, ability to make auctions, ability to use /back, and 25 mcMMO skill points for redemption
    Pets Available: Wolf, ocelot, rabbit, horse, and mule
    Trails Available: Heart, snow, and splash
    Block Particles Available: Redstone and ore
    Tag Color: Gray (&7)

3. Junior Rank
    -Playtime Requirement: 24 hours
    -Cost to Rank-up: $50,000
    -mcMMO Power Level Requirement: None

Rewards: Ability to make SignShops, ability to use /xpbottle, ability to create pwarps, ability to use /eztime, ability to make nations, and access to /adopt, 25 mcMMO skill points for redemption
    Pets Available: Chicken, cow, sheep, pig, zombie, skeleton, creeper, and spider
    Trails Available: Angry, ender, water, lava, and sand
    Block Particles Available: Carpet
    Tag Color: Gray (&7)

4. Member Rank
    -Playtime Requirement: 72 hours
    -Cost to Rank-up: $250,000
    -mcMMO Power Level Requirement: 750 levels

Kits Available: All previous kits, /kit PvP
    Rewards: Ability to buy elevators, /suicide, access to /bounty, and 25 mcMMO skill points for redemption
    Pets Available: Bat, mooshroom, zombie pigman, blaze, enderman, llama, and slime
    Trails Available: Magic, smoke, enchant, slime, and snowballs
    Block Particles Available: Flower and clay
    Tag Color: Dark aqua (&3)

----------Ranks only get reset back to this point----------

5. Senior Rank
    -Playtime Requirement: 168 hours
    -Cost to Rank-up: $500,000
    -mcMMO Power Level Requirement: 1,250 levels
    -Jobs Requirement: Level 50 jobs in 1 job

Rewards: Access to an additional home (Max: 2) and 25 mcMMO skill points for redemption
    Pets Available: Snowman, ghast, magma cube, parrot, and polar bear
    Trails Available: Cloud, green, flame, and damage
    Block Particles Available: Sea
    Tag Color: Green (&2)

6. Marshall Rank:
    -Playtime Requirement: 250 hours
    -Cost to Rank-up: $1,000,000
    -mcMMO Power Level Requirement: 2,500 levels
    -Jobs Requirement: Level 50 jobs in 2 jobs

Rewards: Ability to use colors on signs, ability to get your own head (Cost: $25,000), access to /autoswap and 25 mcMMO skill points for redemption
    Pets Available: Endermite, cave spider, skeleton horse, zombie horse, and silverfish
    Trails Available: Colors, crit, and void
    Block Particles Available: Wheat
    Tag Color: Gold (&6)

7. Sentinel Rank:
    -Playtime Requirement: 500 hours
    -Cost to Rank-up: $2,000,000
    -mcMMO Power Level Requirement: 3,750 levels
    -Jobs Requirement: Level 50 jobs in all 2 jobs

Rewards: Access to another additional home (Max: 3) and 25 mcMMO skill points for redemption
    Pets Available: Witch, vindicator, evoker, vex, illusioner, and villager
    Trails Available: Witch magic, spark, and end rod
    Block Particles Available: Rainbow
    Tag Color: Light red (&c)

8. Elder Rank
    -Playtime Requirement: 750 hours
    -Cost to Rank-up: $3,000,000
    -mcMMO Power Level Requirement: 5,000 levels
    -Jobs Requirement: Level 50 jobs in all 3 jobs

Kits Available: All previous kits, /kit Enchant
    Rewards: Access to another additional home (Max: 4), access to an additional job (4 available total), access to /me, access to /kittycannon, and 25 mcMMO skill points for redemption
    Pets Available: Iron golem, shulker, husk, armor stand, and stray
    Trails Available: White magic, music, and breath
    Color Tag:
    Light Green (&a)

9. Eternal Rank:
    -Playtime Requirement: 1000 hours
    -Cost to Rank-up: $5,000,000
    -mcMMO Power Level Requirement: 7,500 levels
    -Job Requirement: Level 50 jobs in all 3 jobs

Kits Available: All previous kits, /kit Eternal
    Rewards: Access to another additional home (Max: 5), access to /bp (one row of space), ability to have a /warp created at a place of their choosing (will be public), and 25 mcMMO skill points for redemption
    Pet Available: Wither, elder guardian, and wither skeleton
    Trails Available: Spell, pop, rainbow, and totem
    Color Tag:
    Pink (&d)

New Kits:

Kit PvP:
    Items: Iron armor, iron sword, iron axe, bow, 32 arrows, and 1 golden regen apple.
    Cooldown: 2 hours
    Cost: $5,000

Kit Enchant:
    Items: 64 XP bottles, 16 books, 32 lapis lazuli,
    Cooldown: 24 hours
    Cost: $15,000

Kit Eternal:
    Items: God tier iron armor and tools
    Cooldown: 24 hours
    Cost: $100,000

A lot of hours have gone into developing this structure and attempting to balance the ranks equally, however we are by no means perfect. While the playtimes of each rank are fixed, we are open to suggestions about changes that should be made to the ranks to better balance them or provide more incentive to rank up. If you have any suggestions, please leave them all below.

Special thanks to: babycat, DFG1125, and NightaChan who were heavily involved in the developments of these ranks and thank you to everyone who submitted suggestions for ranks when asked. A PDF version of the ranking structure has been made available as well for easier access.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. profbananaslug

profbananaslug Active Member

Ratings:
    +57
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

on a related note, seems a lot of commands we took for granted as new players seem to have been given to higher ranks...

3. Silverwolfg11

Silverwolfg11 ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +144
    I'm assuming someone's gonna explain this right....

4. DFG1125

DFG1125 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +230
    I'm not 100% certain about how this is going to go down, but I'll go from what I know. Helper rank is basically like T-Mod, except you don't have to eventually rank up to mod if you don't want to.
    Note: Helper will be replacing T-Mod

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crazzzyman10101

Crazzzyman10101 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I am really liking how the server is changing, this and world wonders add so much charm to the server that draws people in and creates a great community. All credit is due to the people who have come up with these ideas and those who have implemented them, you have my thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pc_Pyro

Pc_Pyro New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I currently ranked up to junior and I am unable to use /back or /xpbottle
    edit: sorry if this is the wrong post to put it, I am fairly new to this community

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sparky___

Sparky___ ‌‌  ‌‌  ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +235
    Thank you for reporting this, it will be fixed as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sajerooni

Sajerooni Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Alright, I have a lot of problems with this system. While I think it's great and important to encourage players to be active on the server, it is NOT COOL to take commands away from players who have donated just because they have played less. The donators no longer have access to /me, /suicide, and other important commands that they had previously enjoyed. I'm very frustrated at the removal of /eztime for all players, because if I'm paying for it anyway it should be available to me. A couple other annoyances include the length of the names, as they're getting almost too long to handle, and the reset of the hours was absolutely horrifying.
    I'm going to suggest that this ranking system be overridden by donations. If someone is willing to donate to the server, they should get the perks they paid for and not be shot down because they don't have enough hours. People who have paid should be able to bypass the ranking system. Sorry for being so angry about this but I don't think it's fair to everyone who donated, which doesn't include me. I just want to stand up for what I believe is the correct decision for the server. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sparky___

Sparky___ ‌‌  ‌‌  ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +235
    First, I would like to address this complaint. The commands you have listed really are not 'important' commands. These are commands that are often not used at all by many donors. More importantly these commands have been removed completely from the donor ranks, as per the Terms and Conditions of the Donation store allow. Donors will still have access to them, but more importantly so will everyone else.

We can look into making this available at an earlier rank, but the intention is to reward players who play with cool commands. Especially ones that allow them to change what is happening on the server, even regardless of price.

I agree completely, I hate the length of the names myself, because it does make enforcing chat rules just that much harder. The intention was to disable the use of surnames, but I am not sure if that will be occurring yet. Second, the rollback or playtime is unrelated to these ranks. The intention of the ranks, however, is that they start based on playtime of the world, not the server.

I can't say that we can accommodate your suggestion here, because one of the main points of having the ranking system was to keep it non-pay-to-win, as many players have asserted the server is. That is often way you may hear these ranks being called: 'Non-Donor ranks,' because we didn't want people to be able to donate and skip them. We wanted to create something that helps balance the server and gives regular players a chance to do cool things too.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ApplesWho

ApplesWho Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +126
    From playing just 6 hours, I have more commands then before non-donor ranks became a thing. Sure I lost some, but I gained some awesome ones, and the ones I lost I got back at Junior, plus even more awesome commands. I don't see the problem with the rank system.
    If you love the server, you'd still play and rank up.

11. DFG1125

DFG1125 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +230
    No new ranks were added with the rank system besides the pets and trails. @EarlApples