Copbot1001's Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban/Jail/Mute Appeals' started by copbot1001, Jan 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leetsoup

leetsoup ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +95
    You are absolutely out to lunch. A repeated criminal is treated like a repeated criminal; add recidivism to your criminal profile.

Sentence = BAN

Recidivism is the act of a person repeating an undesirable behavior after they have either experienced negative consequences of that behavior, or have been trained to extinguish that behavior.

btw this isn't the US courts. You have no rights here, in the Court of Cow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  2. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    I am aware this is not a US court, I used that example in order to show where the idea draws from. Regardless this is off-topic. You cannot claim repeated offense when NO PROOF has been entered that I committed an offense. As the record hold today I have been banned only ONCE for threatening the server, to which an apology was issued and I did not do this again.

3. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    It has been nearly 24 hours. Where is the proof of an offense? I can understand there needs to be an investigation for further information, but staff have not even provided a reason for my ban. They have not provided any information on the nature of the alleged offense. Staff are deliberately delaying my appeal in order to ruin my town. I request to be unbanned until staff can at the very least provide evidence that a rule was broken.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  4. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    UPDATE: Urban is claiming that staff can punish you for any action taken off the server or the server's extension (i.e. Discord or Forums). Urban is arguing that anything you do anywhere at any time can be found in violation of HIS SERVER'S rules and you can be punished.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    Urban has stated that bans are justified that if you only talk about hacks you can be banned for threatening the server, even if you do not actually make a threat against the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    This was the evidence being presented:

At no point did I make any threat towards UrbanMC nor did I encourage anyone to make threats against the server. I did not promote the use of any hacks, I simply discussed them from my own experience years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    Due to the large number of replies, I will reiterate:

The event where I allegedly broke server rules DID NOT take place on any platform controlled by the server, and therefore staff has no jurisdiction over it.

Even if they wanted to claim they did, at no time did I make any threat towards the server, I DID NOT threaten to use any hack or exploit against the server. I DID NOT encourage or promote the use of hacks or exploits against the server. I DID NOT show any intent, nor do I have any intention of using any hack or other methods to disrupt the server.

8. Tqtal

Tqtal ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +697
    *When cop is giving advice to urban, and hackers*
    Win win

• Like Like x 2
  9. leetsoup

leetsoup ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +95
    Your best advice vs a fly hack is an anti-fly plugin? Pure genius.
    You literally sound like you have no idea what you are talking about beyond how to install forge, mods, and change your resource pack.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 1
  10. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +317
    After watching the videos here are my thoughts: YES, you did talk about hacking. NO you did not talk about or threaten UrbanMC specifically in any way. The only correspondence I see is that you happen to be playing on the server while talking about hacking.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. profbananaslug

profbananaslug Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +606
    if urban wants to ban people he doesn't like, he should just do it instead of bothering with this whole dog-and-pony show of finding some unbelievably flimsy rule "violation" so that it's "justified". frankly this is the most absurd one yet, for shame.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +317
    Exactly, this is the biggest reach I have ever seen. Had copbot been streaming a different server or game then there would be absolutely no relation to this server at all because he did. Not. Threaten it. (Or even mention it)

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    You seem to be a special child who didn't even listen to the small portion of my conversation before you posted. Go troll somewhere else.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    Thank you. I also want to be clear here that I am not trying to skirt technicalities. I made no threat nor was I even attempting to convey a threat. As someone pointed out I was already punished once for something similar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    I spoke as a former hacker and as a server owner on my own stream.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SonicSignal

SonicSignal Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +427
    Just watched the given evidence, and the ban makes even less sense now

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    I would like Urban to post publically the "testimony" he claims he has of "witnesses" stating that I threatened the server.

• Like Like x 2
  18. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    Staff are very clearly delaying my appeal against a false claim in order to ruin my town.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Teamkiller_CG

Teamkiller_CG ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +112
    He said the reason he was banned for was threatening the server. Even if he did insult staff in his own stream it would mean nothing due to the staff team not having the right to hold what he says about them over his own stream. UrbanMC is also very good about ensuring his staff team has a thick skin and that they can simply look past petty insults.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Teamkiller_CG

Teamkiller_CG ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +112
    Prof lets be real they be on a roll as of late LMAO

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.