Copbot1001's Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban/Jail/Mute Appeals' started by copbot1001, Jan 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. profbananaslug

profbananaslug Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +606
    what's worse is that this sort of thing has literally been happening since i joined the server like 5 years ago. the rule about hacking is/has been interpreted so vaguely in the past (and now too) that if you even thought the word "hack" in any context whatsoever, you might find yourself picking up a ban out of absolute nowhere. elain got salty because he got beat in the pvp arena one time years ago by one of my dear friends, so then he found a 2+ year old video on youtube of my friend allegedly hacking on other server and that was enough for basically a lifetime ban. the days when joking about hacking resulted in an instant ban as well are particularly memorable, as dozens of people would catch bans for obvious jokes/memes. i myself picked up a 14 month ban because after sweeping edge got added in one of the updates, a friend saw me using a sword with it at a grinder and asked if i was using "mob aura" to hit multiple mobs at once, to which i replied "true story" (a popular meme saying back in the day).

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    Even in my case. I never even "joked" about using hacks. It's been almost 48 hours and I still do not know why I was banned. There is no evidence of me ever threatening the server.

• Like Like x 2
  3. UrbanMC

UrbanMC ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +686
    Thank you Copbot1001 for submitting an appeal. The staff team has conducted a thorough review of the situation. It is important to stress that this is an unusual case, and as such there has been great deliberation on it. Your patience is much appreciated.

To clarify for the public record, I would like to include an excerpt from a discord message sent to copbot1001 regarding the reason for the ban.
    Admittedly, the evidence here is shaky, but there's more at play here than strictly what's in the rules. The staff team strives to ensure that UrbanMC is a server with a friendly environment where as many people as possible can gather and enjoy playing minecraft together. Through this stream and elsewhere, you have been direspectful to players, staff and the server, and detracted from the positive environment we wish to maintain. Such actions have run contrary to our mission. With that, your appeal has been denied.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    "Admittedly, the evidence here is shaky"

You admit you have no evidence. I will be filing another appeal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    You know your staff is corrupt when the owner admits that:
    1. He does not have any evidence that a rule was broken.
    2. He admits that he does not have jurisdiction over the incident.

and yet he still enforces the ban.

• Like Like x 1
  6. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    Urban. Show me the threat. Please, show me where I made a threat. So semantics, no inferances. Show me a black and white, objective, blatant, obvious threat.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    "Through this stream and elsewhere, you have been disrespectful to players, staff and the server, and detracted from the positive environment we wish to maintain. Such actions have run contrary to our mission."

Oops. That's not the ban reason I am disputing. That's not why I was banned. Please try again.

(Also learn to spell)

8. Tqtal

Tqtal ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +697
    Like your rule ladder, the grounds of the server? If you don't define the case well your server stands on wobbly pillars.

• Creative Creative x 2
  9. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    Is anyone going to actually justify the claims of the ban or are we going to continue to talk semantics?

10. mr_loganz

mr_loganz Member

Ratings:
    +10
    ayyyyylmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 1
  11. SonicSignal

SonicSignal Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +428
    Looks like they aren't doing anything else about this. I would like some kind of statement from staff though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    "there's more at play here than strictly what's in the rules." - UrbanMC

This right here is literally an admission from the owner that my ban has nothing to do with whether or not I broke a rule.

• Like Like x 1
  13. UrbanMC

UrbanMC ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +686
    The stream became our jurisdiction when it was advertised on UrbanMC. At that point in time, it changed from a private stream to a public outlet where many UrbanMC players did listen. Following in the principles of the rules, it is not acceptable to, even indirectly, promote the usage of hacks by providing instructions on their usage without detection. This is seen as a threat to the fair server environment. We do not want players involved in this behaviour to play on this server. Beyond that, your stream was simply not appropriate for the audience of the server. You were drinking, swearing, and generally being rude. Even if you want to believe that this was outside our jurisdiction, you were still advertising inappropriate content (your stream). The following entry qualifies as infringing on rule 2. It's clearly promoting your twitch stream by inviting people to further request information.
    - [18:43:44] [Async Chat Thread - #586/INFO]: <copbot1001> Anyone wanna watch my twitch show

In addition, you are a regular player and have repeatedly been problematic on the server and frequently engaged in rule breaking. Of the 13 recorded records, 5 are in the last 5 weeks. That doesn't even account for all the warnings you have received. This lengthy history is what differentiates you from other players who may be considered as detracting from the positive environment.

Thread Locked.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.