EmmyChewy's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by EmmyChewy, Aug 18, 2019.

1. EmmyChewy

EmmyChewy ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +35
    So this has been on my mind for the last 2 years and today I decided to just go for it and apply. Being part of the staff team is a huge responsibility and I finally think I am at the age where I can fully take on this responsibility full heartedly and enjoy the role while being a good role model for new players.

Why should we make you mod?

I have been an active player on this server for nearly 5 years now, joining back in November 2015. During this time playing on the server, I have come to know the player base and the admins/moderators that have come and gone, including the current ones. With this, I have learned the workings of the rules on this server, as well as the forums and the majority of the commands. Over the past 4 – 5 years, I have accumulated a playtime of approximately 1.2k hours, hence showing my dedication to a server that I have grown to call home. I have also, during this time, joined a family I don’t think I can ever replace, where I have learned how the every day player behaves, their thoughts and beliefs when playing on the server.

An advantage of my location (Australia) would be the time zone variants I have compared to the rest of the staff who live within similar time zones. As someone who is on during the early mornings (12am – 5am), I am able to help out players and monitor the server when the rest of the staff are unable to come on due to time differences. I have personally seen on multiple occasions where players join and begin causing trouble when staff members are offline or are genuinely trying to play but want to talk to a staff member before they commit to a server.

Why do you want to become mod?
    There is currently only one moderator available to help out the growing player base, especially after the reset. I want to relieve the stress from this lone moderator and help them out with the increasing amount of players along with the increasing amount of rule breakers. Enforcing the rules means everyone can have a safer environment to associate themselves in, knowing they are being protected by the staff team from those who want to cause harm.

With the new influx of players, there are incoming players who are unfamiliar with the workings of a towny server. I would like to help them as much as possible, being a person who they know they can trust when first joining the server. I genuinely enjoy helping out the community and seeing how these players are developing and integrating into a new community, and I wish to be able to help them and be by their side during times where they do not trust others around them. I would also like to be a person who players know will not judge them for who they are, nor will be biased when wanting to seek help. My passion for helping out the community is what drives me to apply for this role, with this role giving me the opportunity to become a figure in the community that anyone can come to and trust as stated above.

What qualities do you have that you think are important for mods?
    A moderator, for a growing server, needs to have initiative and show leadership to guide a server that gains and loses both new and old players. I personally have real life experience as a leader from being an executive member of an extracurricular group in my high school since I was 14. I was appointed Vice-President of the group when I was in year 10, holding onto that title for the next year until my term was up. I then switched roles to the Director of the group, meaning I helped the next generation of Presidents and Vice Presidents guiding them through their roles and helping out the next executive team when needed. I have also had experience in leadership with being part of the Prefect body in my school, who are the main leaders of the whole school in general representing the school in multiple events and helping teachers organise whole school events.

With the skills I have gained from my leadership experiences at school, I can apply this being a moderator for a growing server with my quick judgement skills as well as communication skills between both the staff team and player base, allowing a smoother connection between both parties. This is also where teamwork plays a part within both a player base and staff team, where a moderator who is the middle person needs to be able to work with both parties to communicate ideas and beliefs across.

Having no bias is one of the qualities that is also needed as a moderator. No matter who breaks the rules, being friends, players I do not talk to often or acquaintances, I will make sure they understand what rules they are breaking and treat every player on this server equally. A server that has moderators who show bias towards other players creates harm in the community, where new players are given the example of how to behave through the behaviours and attitudes of the moderators. With this, having a biased approach towards certain players within the community will not only harm the server, but it will drive toxicity within it, causing a decrease in player numbers and the loss of veteran players.

Any other things that could influence our decision.
    I am currently in my last month and a half of high school before I graduate with my final exams in exactly 1 month and 30 days from today. Because I am still currently in high school, I am only able to play on weekends and after school on weekdays (4pm onwards AEST). After my final exams, I will be completely free and able to come on and help out on the server as much as possible since, by then, I would have already graduated from high school. At the moment I am free until my final exams where I may have a hiatus of 2 or so weeks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Tqtal_CG

Tqtal_CG ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +553
    Hey Emmy fair warning mods are not allowed to be involved in drama, grind mcmmo or have their computer break else they get instant demoted. Not banned tho. Good luck. Also if you're accepted can we try to not burn the minecraft end user licensing agreement in a dumpster fire? THANKS!

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. EmmyChewy

EmmyChewy ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +35
    Thank you for the kind advice. I'll keep them in mind if I do get accepted :)

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Loofan

Loofan ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +105
    GOOD LUCK EMMY. You'd make a wonderful mod!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PrinceRqd

PrinceRqd ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +217
    Best of luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. profbananaslug

profbananaslug Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +498
    ICI seal of approval

• Like Like x 4
  7. Liv_the_Awesome

Liv_the_Awesome Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    Good luck Emmy!! :p

• Like Like x 2
  8. EmmyChewy

EmmyChewy ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +35
    Thank youuu ❤❤❤

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Tuffshuff

Tuffshuff ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +134
    Best of luck Em!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. EmmyChewy

EmmyChewy ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +35
    Thank you Tuffy <3

• Like Like x 2
  11. Apples_CG

Apples_CG ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +326
    Best of luck Em, one of the longest lasting people I know on this server. You are definitely suitable for mod and I hope this is accepted.

• Like Like x 1
  12. EmmyChewy

EmmyChewy ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +35
    Thank you apples ahahaha <3

• Like Like x 1
  13. Apples_CG

Apples_CG ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +326
    had to change my wording, put "oldest" at first lol

good luck <3

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +196
    Haven't been on the forums in two days and I finally come on to see this, I am very dissapoi- JUST KIDDING GOOD LUCK EMMY!!!

• Like Like x 2
  15. EmmyChewy

EmmyChewy ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +35
    THANK YOU JON <3

• Like Like x 1
  16. TeamkillerYT_CG

TeamkillerYT_CG ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +33
    Good luck Emmy I hope you get it truly

• Like Like x 1
  17. TeamkillerYT_CG

TeamkillerYT_CG ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +33
    Emmy ignore that smh my pc broke and I was MIA for months and never got demoted only reason I’m not staff is because I stepped down to focus my limited time I have due to my health to my daughter and gf

• Like Like x 1
  18. TeamkillerYT_CG

TeamkillerYT_CG ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +33
    You pleb shhhhhh she’s going to be great, also I had a broken pc smh and I didn’t get demoted :p

• Like Like x 2
  19. EmmyChewy

EmmyChewy ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +35
    Ahahaha yep! Thank you team for the support ❤

• Like Like x 1
  20. OcelotPrincess

OcelotPrincess ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +166
    Good luck Emmy!! <3 <3