Jail Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban/Jail/Mute Appeals' started by copbot1001, Dec 26, 2019.

1. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +81
    Thread Title: Copbot1001's Jail Appeal

Situation:
    Was jailed for no reason.

Apology OR Open Dispute (Pick ONE):
    I was jailed for swearing. However, the rules of this server only prohibit swearing in general chat. I wrote in a book that I kept on me in the event someone killed me that had a swear word in it. This is not a violation of any rule and I should be unjailed.

Also, since the staff member that jailed me clearly failed to properly enforce rules, they must be demoted.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +225
    Considering this is an appeal and not a report you really shouldn't demand demotion.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +81
    This is both an appeal of a false jailing and the demand for action to correct the issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. profbananaslug

profbananaslug Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +514
    if players are allowed to swear in pms, then you should be allowed to swear in a book. in this case, the book was specifically targeted at a player (or so i'm told), much like how pms are specifically targeted at a player. additionally, you also know who pms come from, which you also know from a book since it will say the name of whoever signed it. finally, and this is probably the most important point, staff always say it's ok to do whatever in pm because of /ignore, and you can easily ignore books as well by like, just not opening them

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +81
    The book was not targeted to any specific player. The book was on my person and was titled "To my killer" which meant it was addressed to any player that killed me and collected my items.

6. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +225
    No matter what medium you used, a random player shouldn't be sworn at without any warning for just playing the game, people have feelings too :(:(:(. If it's really all the same then why not use DMs instead of messages

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. profbananaslug

Ratings:
    +514
    i said it was specifically targeted at a player, not targeted at a specific player. in this case, the "the specifically targeted at a player" is that it was specifically targeted at the player who killed you

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sonic_CG

Sonic_CG Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +344
    Other people have been jailed for things in books iirc since books can be passed around to literally anyone

9. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +225
    Exactly, some random younger player, we'll say he's 7 years old for the sake of the scenario, could've killed copbot randomly and opened up the book and just randomly get hit with a barrage of swear words. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +81
    Regardless, that isn't against the rules to do.

11. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +81
    It was one. And Minecraft multiplayer is unrated so that is to be expected.

12. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +225
    However urbanMC specifically is rated E, as stated in the rules. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  13. Sonic_CG

Sonic_CG Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +344
    If this appeal is accepted, what would happen with everyone else that was jailed for this? If this isn't against the rules, then should they all have the jail removed from their records?

14. copbot1001

copbot1001 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +81
    As the rules state, that only applies to general chat.

15. profbananaslug

Ratings:
    +514
    or copbot could just cut out the middleman and pm these 7 year olds directly with the swear words which is TOTALLY ALLOWED

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. UrbanMC

UrbanMC ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +617
    Thank you for reporting.

Yes, we do enforce the general chat rules in books. Not only books but builds, signs, items, etc. This jail was legitimate. It was also only two hours, which means it has since expired.

To clarify, while we do refer individual cases in private messages to /ignore, if a single player repeatedly attacks different people the staff do take additional action.

• Like Like x 4