#JonfurreForMod Mk. 2

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Jonfurre, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +174
    Hello I'm Jonfurre (Pronounced "JohnFury") and your watching Urban Channel:

Why should we make you a mod?
    That's a great question. For starters, I am not some superb human being that wouldn't even breathe on a fly, and I am not flowers and joy 100% of the time, however I do try as hard as possible to set myself apart from the average log on play the game log off type of player. For example, I try to speak in the global chat as much as possibe, making conversation with random players, greeting people, asking questions, etc. I do not do it because I feel like I have to, it's because I LOVE talking with these players, I am not ashamed to say I know a lot more about these people than I do with some people I know in real life, whether it be about sports or food or just about anything in the world, I cannot contain how much I love conversing with everyone and that I believe is a major reason that I would make a good mod. Another reason Is I know my bounds and I always make sure to stay within the rules, I am proud to say that I have no jails, bans, or mutes on the server even in my lengthy time being here, although If I remember correctly I had one kick way way back then in my early days and I'm pretty sure that was because of spam...? But i'm not 100% sure and after that I didn't recieve any more kicks. One more reason is I think I am very friendly and patient especially with new players (Who I also LOVE talking to). I have enough knowledge of the plugins in the server to answer plenty of questions that anyone may have, although I will admit I do not know EVERY single little detail and line of code that makes minecraft but I know the basics and more.

Why do you want to become a mod?
    Well, in my last application in the spirit of full transperency, I wanted to apply for mod for selfish reasons, at the time my town had been griefed and I had been so conflicted that I thought in my head "Huh, it looks like the griefers aren't messing with mods" so I thought becoming a mod would earn me some personal space, since then I have turned over a new leaf and I want to become a mod because I want to benefit the server and help people as much as I can and also because it would be a new experience that I think I would really enjoy.

What qualities do you have that you think are important for mods?
    While i'm not gonna restate everything I said in the first section of the application as I think those are a good sum of the qualities, I will say how I have improved on some other qualities since my joining of this server. In my last application, I was rejected because A. I couldn't handle conflict very well, And B. I had been trying to report players for killing me and taking my loot and other things that did not constitute a rule break, So basically conflict management wasn't very good and I didn't know what did and didn't call for a rule break/punishment. Since then I have experienced a great many things on the server, whether it was a person getting banned, kicked, etc. I have even made lengthy reports when I think said punishment was flawed, so I guess I should say one of the qualities I have that is REALLY important for a mod is that I know the bounds of the rules and I think I would take very very appropriate action when it comes to punishments and moderating. The second quality I have that I did not have last time is conflict management, I have "Beefed" with a lot of people on the server and I have made amends with a lot of those players and I believe that I do not have any major enemies and/or players that hate my guts on this server, and no, the conflict did not just fade away, I made it better with players that I have attacked or that have attacked me and now the server is more enjoyable then ever.

That said I am Jonfurre (Pronounced "JohnFury"), once again, and thank you for reading and considering my mod application.

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. profbananaslug

profbananaslug Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +489
    not a chestist so i approve

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Paddywiggle

Paddywiggle ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +116
    Jon is one player that I've noticed make a tremendous leap in maturity from the time that I met him on this server to now. I think, with the ability to become a trial mod and learn over time, Jon would become a really good moderator for the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +174
    :Salute:

Thank you very much patrick.

• Like Like x 2
  5. legoluke26_CG

legoluke26_CG Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Good luck jon!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. OcelotPrincess

OcelotPrincess ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +162
    Good luck Jon :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Liv_the_Awesome

Liv_the_Awesome Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    Best of luck Jon!! <3

• Like Like x 3
  8. SonicSignal

SonicSignal Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +320
    good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +174
    Thank you.
    Thank you!
    Thanks!
    THANK YOU!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Apples_CG

Apples_CG ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +305
    John isn't perfect.

No-one is.

The fact that in his application he is willing to say that he is not 100% joy, which a lot of applicants imply, or that he's god and will make everything so much better is incredible honesty which I can only applaud.

John is a great player and a fellow CG member. We are very glad to have him and we are very proud of him and his achievements on UrbanMC. I wish you luck John, you are a great character and would add a unique skillset to this low-number team of guardians.

• Like Like x 2
  11. PrinceRqd

PrinceRqd ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +196
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  12. UrbanMC

UrbanMC ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +534
    Thank you for applying, your application is under review.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tqtal_CG

Tqtal_CG ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +551
    GOOD LUCK MISTER FURY.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +174
    Thank you very much apples, glad to hear you feel that way.
    Thank you prince!
    :Thumbsup:
    That's Mr. MISTER FURY to you total.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +174
    Creeper is actually a derogatory term.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Tuffshuff

Tuffshuff ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +127
    Attempt #2: Good luck Jon

• Like Like x 3
  17. Tqtal_CG

Tqtal_CG ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +551
    You wanna go? I'll add you to my staff war list.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Apples_CG

Apples_CG ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +305
    Not a good idea to put staff on your war list when you love them and want to be them ;)

• Like Like x 2
  19. UrbanMC

UrbanMC ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +534
    Your application has been denied. Thanks again for applying.

• Informative Informative x 3
  20. Tqtal_CG

Tqtal_CG ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +551
    Actually I'll take jon as my lawfully promoted mod thanks.

• Dislike Dislike x 1