Moderator Application: Paddywiggle Edition

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Paddywiggle, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Paddywiggle

Paddywiggle ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +281
    Greetings UrbanMC,

Before I get started with the application, there is an important thing I must address.

It has been approximately one year since the last time I have graced this section of the forums. Since then, a lot has happened. The staff team has almost entirely transformed. The server, now, is doing extremely well in many regards.

Last year, I applied for moderator during a time when the server was at its worst. The staff team was entirely hands off, we had almost no active player base, and it did not seem like it was going to get better. It was at this low that I decided that I would try to address the problem and work with the staff team if they would allow me on. I’ll be honest, the server was not doing great at all, and I was not surprised when I was accepted to be a moderator.

As many of you know, I was demoted not long after being promoted to moderator for using an auto clicker to train my MCMMO stats.

My offense was from months earlier, when I decided to use a simple macro in a public farm (literally a public warp). I had applied for moderator in March, and the evidence gathered from months prior was brought up. After not much deliberation from staff, I was given the treatment that any other staff member has received when caught doing such an act.

Some people to this day hold this event over my head and think I should still be banned, as I was not really a moderator yet when I was demoted. I am here to assure you that I fully regret what I did last year in January. I had just come back to Minecraft and I did not have much care in the world. I took the risk, knowing the consequences, and got what I deserved. Many people still believe that I did not get what I deserved, and to them, I ask your forgiveness. Hopefully enough time has passed and your opinion of me has changed.

Even though this event was an entire year ago, I do think that it is still something that sits in the back of everyone’s minds. That being said, I am here to try and put my past aside, and look to the future.

Since then, the server has done fantastic. The staff team came up with an amazing idea to spice things up with an Earth map, which has been extremely fruitful for the server’s health. Players of old and new have been attracted back to the server they all know and love. Nations have risen and fallen, and the map has gone to be one of the longest and most active maps in UrbanMC’s recent history.

I am here one year later to again apply for moderator. The server is in an entirely different state than the first time, and none of the points that applied in my first application apply now.

Now for my application,

• Why do I want to become a moderator?

Well, it is simple. My goal is the same as it has always been. I love being there to help make the decisions that directly affect the player base and help bridge the gap between player and staff member.

Recently, NightaChan was promoted to administrator and Utonium stepped down from staff, so the server is in need of moderators. I love engaging in discussion as a player. Should I be denied, I will continue to love to be the voice of many of players. I want to take that interest and address the real problems and have real conversations with the server’s staff team and players alike in order to move in the right direction. I have a lot of time, especially with this virus (oof), and I would love to use it to make positive moves and conversation for and with the community.

• What qualities do you have that you think are important for moderators?

Being a moderator is an big responsibility that has been both been proven to be too much for some people, and to others a great blessing.

Throughout my time here on UrbanMC, I have tried my best to defend those whose voice is not always heard. Hyperion aside, I feel as though people can look to me with respect and come to me when they have problems.

I’m sure many would argue that my chat discipline is not strong for someone looking to become a moderator. Honestly, I do not feel a reason to argue with these people. I know at times I can act childish and at other times very serious. There are things I have said privately and publicly that would be frowned upon for a candidate for moderator. I, along with many others on this server, am a sibling, a teammate, and a coworker. There are people that I do not always get along with. While Minecraft is my escape from reality, I will not find it hard to shed my tendencies and portray the responsibility I could been entrusted with.

I’ve learned throughout my life that you cannot get much done with only your expertise and knowledge. We go to school, have teachers, and look to others for guidance when our knowledge has been reached. While I am no longer a college athlete, I have 3 years of college volleyball under my belt. I have had to work with people I absolutely hate and with people that would back me up in a fight. There are always people that you will not agree with. At the end of the day, being a student, a sibling of 7, a collegiate athlete, a member of a marching band, and all of the other experiences I have had in my life have taught me that you cannot achieve your goals alone.

• Why should we make you a moderator? (Towny)

I believe that I should be made a moderator for a few reasons.

Sorry, I know everyone uses activity as a reason to be a moderator, but hey, that applies to me too. I rarely skip a day of logging in to at least say hi. I am constantly in the suggestions channel and former discussions channel attempting to make changes that will influence the server’s future. I believe that my activity in discussion with the players of the server as well as the staff team is a quality that the staff team can not ignore.

I get into a lot of arguments and discussions with players, sometimes heated. I know that it is the responsibility of a moderator to remain cool and calm when interacting with players and colleagues. I am not admitting or saying that I do not have the demeanor required to be a calm staff member. My constant debating and addressing of issues shows my passion for the server and my caring for its growth. I have been on this server for almost a year and a half of active time. I have been through extreme highs and extreme lows, but have always stuck with it and attempted to help move the server forward.

Obviously, everyone has an agenda, and as a player, there are some things that I have pushed that directly benefit me. As a moderator, I understand that I must be unbiased. Every player has their own play style, and staff members must address everyone when deciding on policy and updates. I have played Minecraft for a long time (particularly towny), have been through all the phases of play, and understand the type of players that I must consider. You should make me a moderator because I know that the player to moderator transition will involve these kinds of considerations.

At the end of the day, we are all here to play our favorite block game. I know that public support is important for a staff member, and I hope that those that do not support me at times can look past our differences.

If you read all of my application, good job, you have a higher attention span than most.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. AshyNice

AshyNice ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +12
    I support this^

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. SonicSignal

SonicSignal Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +427
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 7
  4. OcelotPrincess

OcelotPrincess ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +279
    YES!! Good luck Paddy. There is no doubt that you would be an amazing staff member and leader in the community! :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. _CC_

_CC_ ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +52
    Thanks for submitting your app! Good luck and the staff team will let you know when we have finished reviewing and discussing your app!

• Like Like x 9
  6. E04K

E04K Member

Ratings:
    +35
    good luck mate!

• Like Like x 8
  7. profbananaslug

profbananaslug Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +606
    the most brilliant work of satire i have seen in a long time

• Off Topic Off Topic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. SixEmJay

SixEmJay ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +33
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 7
  9. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +317
    Shhh, do you hear that, the wiggles are coming :eek::eek::eek:

(Good luck)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  10. mpzflame

mpzflame ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +165
    Good luck, Paddy!

• Like Like x 6
  11. Heauxs

Heauxs ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +48
    good luck my guy

• Like Like x 7
  12. Tqtal

Tqtal ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +697
    Good Luck Paddy, you have proven time and time again that you really do care about that server. Your past should not prevent you from redeeming your future to help everyone around you. I support your application.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. TheJaggerKK

TheJaggerKK ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +8
    I joined this server in August of 2019 knowing not one person on it. I spent my first few days looking around Asia for the perfect place to start up my town. At this point, I hadn't played MC in years, I couldn't remember any commands at all besides ./spawn. Without me reaching out or asking for help Paddy went out of his way to help me get set up. He had no clue who I was or anything about me and he legit dropped everything to make sure that I had a good understanding of what I was doing.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I don't know anyone else who would do this for someone they don't know. Going out of your way to help unknown people is one of, if not the best, character trait for a Moderator to have. I have the utmost respect for Paddy, and I believe, wholeheartedly, that he will be an amazing addition to the Moderator team.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. LeoNami

LeoNami Active Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 7
  15. ThePigGang

ThePigGang Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Good Luck.

• Like Like x 4
  16. TheApples___

TheApples___ ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +368
    Best of luck Paddy, sorry I am late.

• Like Like x 4
  17. NightaChan

NightaChan ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +168
    Thank you for applying. However, your staff application has been denied.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Paddywiggle

Paddywiggle ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +281
    Fair enough

19. Tqtal

Tqtal ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +697
    Better luck next time Paddy, I think you could still make an excellent mod in the future.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. E04K

E04K Member

Ratings:
    +35
    yeah, better look next time i guess, 3rd times a charm?

• Funny Funny x 6