PrinceRqd's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by PrinceRqd, Jul 23, 2019.

1. PrinceRqd

PrinceRqd ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +196
    PrinceRqd's Staff Application
    Server: Towny

To celebrate the third anniversary of my joining the server, I'd like to apply for a position on the staff team. Let me preface this application by saying that I meet all of the requirements listed on the information thread here. Alright, let's get started.

So, why me?

In light of recent events, the moderator team currently stands at a whopping two individuals. I'm aware that the greater administration consists of more, but I'd like to point out that the day-to-day staff (you know, the ones doing most of the moderating) are dangerously close to becoming overwhelmed given the influx of new players. The towny server really does need an extra set of hands to alleviate the increased pressure, and I think that I can help if you'll give me the chance. Considering I've amassed 1,378 playtime hours over the course of three years and served as a priest for nearly half of that time, as well as the fact that I've donated $125 USD (~$165 CAD & ~$180 AUD) for a rank that's only worth $100, I think it's safe to say that I'm an extremely dedicated and loyal player. If that isn't enough for you, I'm also familiar with the server's website, active on the forums and in discord, and have even contributed several posts to our personal wiki, not to mention my status as a top voter and my regular encouragement of said voting in chat.

Other than my clear devotion to this server, I think I would also bring some diversity to the staff team regarding towny gameplay. Allow me to elaborate because that wording is awkward:

Throughout my many years on this server, I've founded and expanded numerous public residential towns. I firmly believe that these types of towns, due to their welcoming nature, are vital to a towny server's overall health and growth. That being said, it's no secret that a decent amount of current and previous moderators prefer to live in private towns or secluded bases. While that's perfectly acceptable in and of itself, I'm afraid that this might hurt the staff team's ability to relate to everyday players, which may impact their decision-making for better or for worse. Were I to become a moderator, I believe my personal experiences would bring a unique point of view to issues that the staff team handles. I would definitely be open to working with players to bridge any gap that's resulted from the gameplay 'disconnect,' so to speak, between the players and the staff.

Why am I applying?

Now that I've (hopefully) proved my love for this server, it should be understandable that I want to see it continue to improve. I spend lots of time helping new players learn our various plugins and commands, and I've even created a party with OcelotPrincess for the sole purpose of answering new players' barrage of questions. I genuinely enjoy helping others, and I want to be able to do that for more serious issues that players encounter. I'd also appreciate the purple text because it stands out clearly in chat and would further aid in answering questions. Repeated answers, private messages, and party invites can all get lost in the chaotic spam of global chat, but the royal purple text never goes unnoticed.

To be, or not to be

A moderator should always be mature, but to me, one should also be kind, patient, trustworthy, and approachable. I believe that I'm mature enough to know when a situation becomes an issue and when an issue needs to be reported. Additionally, I know that I can be trusted to remain unbiased, even when dealing with reports that I have a conflict of interest in, like profbananaslug's ban, for instance. Although he and his friends are unpopular among my town members, to say the least, I did feel that his ban was unjustified and defended his appeal in the comment section. He now continues to harm my town with his ICI "organization," but I still don't regret my position on his ban, nor will I let my personal opinions get in the way of future moderation. I consider myself to be kind and very patient, and many adults in my life have commented on my mellow personality. I do joke a lot, but I try to make sure the other person knows that I'm only teasing. I'm just not a malicious person. Lastly, I'm almost certain that I'm approachable. Due to my "welcome" parties, many of the newer players now feel comfortable asking questions in chat or privately messaging me on specific matters because they know they'll receive an answer. I want to continue to reach as many people as possible, so if I get accepted, I hope to be a staff member that players find open and welcoming.

Additional Information

For various reasons, I can't speak in discord.
    I tutor students at my school, so I have experience in the art of explaining.

Thank you for reading my application. I'll respect whatever decision the staff team makes.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  2. OcelotPrincess

OcelotPrincess ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +162
    Good luck! I know having a friendly and very helpful player (including the already great ones) will be an amazing addition to the staff team!!! <3 <3

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Peggy_Penguin

Peggy_Penguin Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Good Luck! :)

• Like Like x 6
  4. Tuffshuff

Tuffshuff ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +127
    Good luck Prince!

• Like Like x 6
  5. SonicSignal

SonicSignal Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +320
    best of luck!

• Like Like x 6
  6. Uqknown

Uqknown ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +53
    Good luck. ;)

• Like Like x 7
  7. PrinceRqd

PrinceRqd ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +196
    i like your enthusiasm <3

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Hqvox

Hqvox ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +326
    Easily one of the most qualified individuals I've known. Well deserved. Bravo

• Like Like x 7
  9. Liv_the_Awesome

Liv_the_Awesome Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    I easily agree. Best of luck Prince!!

• Like Like x 6
  10. G_Man9602

G_Man9602 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Best of luck to you Prince.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Bqt_

Bqt_ Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Hope you get it!

• Like Like x 6
  12. UrbanMC

UrbanMC ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +534
    Thank you for applying. Your application is under review.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. profbananaslug

profbananaslug Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +489
    i am not sure how much i trust this "princerqd", he is suspected of harboring chestist agents in his town

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Liv_the_Awesome

Liv_the_Awesome Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    Smh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tqtal_CG

Tqtal_CG ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +551
    I recently approached my ex-dad about my struggles after running away. He was very understanding during these troubled times, and willingly absorbed me back into his family, with mama ocey without questions. Easily approachable and a calming personality. Love you dad <3

Also do mods get money off taxes at the end of the year, cause mama ocey just won boatloads of money but she'll probably spend it on nail polish and whatnot, so we may need financial help in the future.. :(

At any rate, good luck in the job, dada. Love you and mom loads. <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +174
    Good luck prince!

• Like Like x 5
  17. 9OOO

9OOO Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Hi PrinceRqd,

I do hope whatever you were suggesting in the screenshot below will be avoided in the near future if you are welcomed into the staff team. I'm not particularly a fan of how you didn't speak out on this issue if you've known it to be the case this entire time. Whether or not this is the entire truth, this is something that I cannot verify and is worth just throwing out there to clear the water, so to speak. Otherwise, good luck with your application.

https://imgur.com/a/zqLE73B

Good luck,
    9 Triple O

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 1
  18. Tqtal_CG

Tqtal_CG ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +551
    Oh Prince is totally right. You cannot get me punished for blackmailing me into removing the grief around your town. Especially considering I wasn't even in /god. Now please, let me show you out of this app with your useless information. Have a fun day sweetheart, <3 In addition to your claims, I would like to point out, besides good ol prof I'm probs one of the most wanted in the staff circles. Anyways lets let Prince apply for mod in peace, and not make forum posts to start drama. Go on now fam, grind or something, preferably no blackmail, but whatever. Just leave Prince be he's a good person.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 1
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  19. 9OOO

9OOO Member

Ratings:
    +9
    You are completely misled, you have no idea what I am talking about, so why don't you go ahead and ALT+F4.

• Off Topic Off Topic x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. PrinceRqd

PrinceRqd ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +196
    Hi, thank you bringing this up because I think you misinterpreted what I said, and because the screenshot doesn't provide much context, others may misinterpret it as well. I was relaying information I had heard from a friend that Total had received permission from a town member to be there, and either way if he wasn't abusing donor perks then that whole situation really isn't grounds for punishment. In no way was I stating or implying that Total had received permission from a staff member to break a rule, and in no way was I representing the staff team or the server at that time. Additionally, I had been led to believe that you were baiting Total, which is why I felt the need to interfere in the first place. I apologize for the misunderstanding and inconvenience. As this is irrelevant to my staff application, please don't continue the discussion here. Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2