Reset & Playtime Rank Removal

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by UrbanMC, Dec 27, 2017.

1. UrbanMC

UrbanMC ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +339
    We have voted on a reset, and the server will be resetting in a few hours. Feel free to blow up your stuff with the remaining time before the reset. In addition, we will be removing playtime ranks to address the growing concern around a lack of new players. As such, the following changes will be made:

Some items will be returned to default rank:

• Ability to make towns
    • ability to make auctions
    • ability to use /back
    • Ability to make SignShops
    • ability to use /xpbottle
    • ability to create pwarps
    • ability to use /eztime
    • ability to make nations
    • access to /adopt
    • Ability to buy elevators
    • access to /bounty

Other items will be returning to Gold Donor Rank:
    • /kittycannon
    • /me

Finally, some features have been seen as redundant and will be removed unless appealed at the next PC meeting (TBA). The staff team will make the final decision on all appeals. These items are:
    • Trails
    • Prefixes
    • Kits pvp and enchant
    • Colors on signs
    • ability to get your own head
    • /autoswap

If anything is not working as it should, please let a staff member know so we can fix it as soon as possible.

P.S. Mythic Mobs and Quests are far from being ready, we will aim to have them implemented in the next reset.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. DarkenedSky

DarkenedSky ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +25
    gotta say urban, I want to come find you and hug you for this one. The playtime rank kinda made it hard for me to play for a while, but now that its gone, I'm pretty happy and ill be able to get a nice fresh start!

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. CabanNieves

CabanNieves ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +125
    well idk what to said.

4. TotalFang_

TotalFang_ ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +272
    Well im going to be honest. I really strongly disagree with the removal of playtime ranks, because now the higher ranks, (Diamond mainly) have access to every single feature at the start, so i feel this is aimed against free to play players. I get that you want to encourage donating, but giving one group of people a ton of features, and the default group only some, makes the donators extremely overpowered. Another thing is some non-donators had worked hard to make enough money and get enough hours to rankup to get some features, suchas numerous /sethomes and /skull and now they wont be able to use them because the ranks were removed. I agree some changes may have been needed to the ranking system but I dont think it should have been scrapped. Please take this into consideration.

5. UrbanMC

UrbanMC ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +339
    Thank you for your feedback. However, I would like to point out a few things.
    1. This change is actually aimed at new players, who are getting access to way more commands than anyone else. Donors are only getting two commands and both are cosmetic. It is the default group who gains the most, as shown in the list above.
    2. As for the concern around hard work being wasted, I would like to point out that the reset would have erased everyone's rank anyway, regardless of whether or not we kept the ranking system. By removing the playtime ranks during a reset, we ensured that nobody would be spending money on them in the new world and lose that value when the ranks were removed.
    In the end, the majority of players (both donors AND non-donors) will see an increase in what they can do and, because we reset anyway, nobody will have lost anything they would not have lost in the reset.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TotalFang_

TotalFang_ ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +272
    While this may be true, this update is, as I believe partially if not mostly aimed at new players and donators. Players that have been playing this game for a while will now have to change how they play the game. They will no longer have sethomes. However I believe that playtime ranks would be a great idea! If they werent Playtime ranks. I would suggest making ranks that can be bought, leave the default commands avalible to all players, (/n new, /t new, /bounty ect.) These ranks could be bought using in game money giving older players who cant donate another purpose. Thank you for your consideration.

7. Hqvox

Hqvox ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +289
    This is an interesting idea but rather than using in game money, use vote points instead. Perhaps there could be Redstone, Gold, and Diamond Ranks purchased with vote points that come with only a few donator perks like /feed from redstone, /me from gold, and a proportional amount of sethomes from each donator rank obviously excluding things like fly and god. (Ex. Redstone - 3, Gold - 5, Diamond - 10) @UrbanMC

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. TotalFang_

TotalFang_ ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +272
    This would be absolutely amazing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Yellowfang_

Yellowfang_ ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +90
    I know I'm totally late on this, but especially as a donator, I gotta say I strongly disagree with this one. Us donators paid for these perks, why should they just be given away for free for voting everyday? There are plenty of voting rewards as are right now. Why do non-donators keep demanding more things that donators have? I think I speak for more players besides myself when I disagree with giving donator perks to standard players.

10. profbananaslug

profbananaslug Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +282
    remind me again what the word "donation" means

11. Yellowfang_

Yellowfang_ ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +90
    Sorry, but I didn’t donate to be nice. This wasn’t a situation where I donated to help the server. I donated for the diamond perks, and now they’re being given to other ranks and possibly non-rankers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. profbananaslug

Ratings:
    +282
    it's a redistribution of perks
    the revolution is underway
    we must seize the memes of production

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 2
  13. Yellowfang_

Yellowfang_ ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +90
    Good to see you're taking this seriously. How often do you even play? And why are you so against diamond rank perks?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. profbananaslug

Ratings:
    +282
    excuse me sir i am certainly an active player and i have over 400 hours of playtime

overpowered diamond rank perks are nothing but another incarnation of the methods that the privileged few use to oppress the mass. the historical dialectic is shaped by class struggle, and so is this server.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Yellowfang_

Yellowfang_ ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +90
    My apologies, I wasn't aware you were an active player.
    Anyway, if we're so privileged and you dislike it so much, you don't have to play on this server.

• Off Topic Off Topic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. profbananaslug

Ratings:
    +282
    and abandon the struggle?
    never!
    the people need me

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Yellowfang_

Yellowfang_ ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +90
    Alright alright, since we're getting off topic, I'll just say one last thing.
    I did not buy diamond just for fly and god. I purchased it for the other perks too. Had I known (which at the time, I could not possibly have) that in the future these perks would be given to other ranks or standard players, I wouldn't have donated. Donating will surely decrease if our perks are given away for voting or in game money. I don't think anyone will pay $100 for god and fly. I wouldn't. I didn't. There needs to be a serious gap between gold and diamond, seeing as it's a $50 difference. That is why we should not give /fly to gold rank.

18. TotalFang_

TotalFang_ ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +272
    Then there was those people who cant afford to donate and are just being put down here. Fun for everyone!

19. Yellowfang_

Yellowfang_ ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +90
    There already IS fun for everyone. It's not my problem nor any other donator's that some cannot afford ranks. We could, and we paid for these perks. It isn't the staff's job to be fair. You say they are being "put down." Is that a valid enough reason to give every normal player special perks? In that case, fly and god for everyone!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TotalFang_

TotalFang_ ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +272
    Okay, listen. Some people really desperatley want to buy ranks they dont make enough money to afford them. Even if they can, its usually the lower ranks, and im not saying give everyone all the donator commands, just we should be a bit more lax on the /fly command in particular, maybe /invis or something could be added to diamond to even things out. Just looking out for the least popular donator rank. They did spend $50 on this game, and they didn't get much.

• Agree Agree x 1