Vickyish's Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban/Jail/Mute Appeals' started by vickyish, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vickyish

vickyish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I was banned permanently for "doxxing," presumably because I had unknowingly changed the name of a sword on the server to the real-life name of a player in game. Another player, who I will not name, convinced me to do this via private message. I lost the sword a few days later, and when I logged into the server later, I found that I was permabanned for doxxing.

While I will stand by the stance that this wasn't mainly my fault, I will still apologize to the server and the people affected. I understand how scary doxxing can be, and that having your real name on the internet is a very serious threat to one's security. I'm hoping that you all will forgive me for this serious lapse in judgment I have made, and allow me to play on the server again. If this ban is appealed, I will not make this mistake again, and I will pay careful vigilance to not break any rules in the future.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
  2. NightaChan

NightaChan ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +168
    Thank you for appealing. It is currently under review.

3. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +317
    It wasn't just for doxxing, it was also for disregarding rules. I have loads of screenshots of you being disrespectful and swearing in global chat. This ban was a long time coming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. vickyish

vickyish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That's not what this appeal is about. My ban message specifically said "doxxing", so that is irrelevant to this situation.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +317
    It said "Doxxing + inconsideration of rules"

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. vickyish

vickyish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    that's still not the reason I was banned, even though I was warned for those rule breaks, it's still not a bannable offense. The only reason I was permanently banned was "doxxing", it would have been permanent whether or not I had those previous offenses.

7. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +317
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. vickyish

vickyish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Again, that still isn’t the reason I was banned. 1. It never says I was explicitly banned for “chat disrespect”, because doxxing is still a rule AND 2. I never would have been banned permanently if it weren’t for the “doxxing” charge. Please keep this thread on topic.

9. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +317
    You say all that as if you were never disrespectful or broke all those chat rules. Whatever you were banned for, this appeal is still open for discussion on whether or not you should be welcome back so all those warnings/mutes/jails you received are as relevant as the ban

10. Paddywiggle

Paddywiggle ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +281
    This is the only time you've been serious in any context. Why are we to believe you won't continue to break rules, get jailed, and cause harm to other players when you have never showed us that you have that potential?

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. vickyish

vickyish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Again, Jon, I don’t know how many times I need to say this to make it clear to you, but I never once said nor implied that I wasn’t disrespectful in chat at times. Literally everyone on the server has been warned multiple times for this offense (you included), so I really don’t think it’s on topic at all. You have (multiple times) said I was banned for “chat disrespect”, even though it never explicitly says it in the ban message at ALL. I’m fine with you saying I was disrespectful and whatnot, but you’re trying to convey that the reason I was banned from the server was because of this “chat disrespect.” It doesn’t even seem like your intentions are to ‘discuss whether or not you should be welcomed back’, because that’s not what ban appeal threads are for at all. It seems like you’re trying to imply that i was banned for this “chat disrespect”, when that’s not the case at all.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 1
  12. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +317
    1. Just because everyone has been warned for chat disrespect doesn't make it okay.

2. Appeals absolutely are about discussing whether you should be welcomed back because they are to help determine if you are stable enough to continue to play on the server without breaking rules again

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. vickyish

vickyish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Couldn’t we present the same argument after you used hacks, and got banned and demoted for it? Again, I don’t know how many times I need to say this, but this whole “disrespect” thing isn’t relevant to the ban at all.

• Off Topic Off Topic x 4
  14. Paddywiggle

Paddywiggle ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +281
    No, this is different. I was promoted to moderator because of my love for the server and the fact that I was a good candidate for mod at the time. The server was struggling, and I was one of the only ones that cared to try and make changes or help out. I was demoted for breaking the rules, yes, for a bannable offense. The important difference between you and I is the kind of influence we have on other players. I make a positive impact, make good discussion about the future of the server, and help players when I can.

You however, have only caused harm. First, by the CONSTANT disrespect of many players on this server, including the staff members. Second, and more importantly, the blatant attempt to dox me on a minecraft server.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vickyish

Vickyish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn’t seem like you ‘love the server’ so much if you’re willing to use hacks on it, especially when you’re a moderator. Your point of “I’m a good person and I’m only positive!” is REAL credible when it’s coming from someone who previously was muted for encouraging someone to commit suicide. Now I may admit, I may be disrespectful at times, but I’ve never gone as far to tell someone to kill themselves, which you’ve done in the past. I think you should sit this one out, Paddy.

• Off Topic Off Topic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Paddywiggle

Paddywiggle ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +281
    Yes, continue to break server rules by bringing up my offenses, especially the ones that I have been pardoned for because of their illegitimacy. I do not plan on continuing to talk about my offenses, and frankly you aren't helping your own case by doing so.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +317
    You've made no good claims in defense of your own disrespectful behavior besides turning it around on others

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Paddywiggle

Paddywiggle ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +281
    Also, can we point out how much of a lie this is. You don't just randomly happen upon the real life name of a player, use it to kill other players as to publicize it in general chat, and then promptly lose it such that it be in circulation. Nice try.

No morals smh

• Like Like x 1
  19. vickyish

vickyish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You literally told someone to kill themselves. Plus, if you actually read the explanation, I never even "doxxed" anyone at all. Did you read the appeal, like, at all? You're one to talk about "morals" and "loving the server" when you've literally told someone to end their life AND, when you kicked RonPaulFan_27 out of your town, you used such language as "[Redacted]" and "[Redacted]". That's pretty toxic, isn't it? I can ask the moderators to bring up the chat logs if you want to share your lovely remarks with the whole class.

• Off Topic Off Topic x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2020
  20. vickyish

vickyish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, aren't you constantly bringing up my past mutes/warnings from being "disrespectful"? Those are past offenses as well, are they not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.