Vickyish's Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban/Jail/Mute Appeals' started by vickyish, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpzflame

mpzflame ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +165
    BACKGROUND: No, Paddy did not "literally [tell] someone to kill themselves." It's easy to take the remark "so just die..." out of context, but as was revealed in his appeal <https://www.urbanmc.net:8080/threads/paddywiggle-mute-appeal.848/>, it was obvious role play when Profbananaslug was pretending to be at his deathbed and giving his final wishes to Maxy. He told Prof to "just die" when Prof died in-game.

"I never even "doxxed" anyone at all. Did you read the appeal, like, at all?" "I was banned permanently for ‘doxxing,’ presumably because I had unknowingly changed the name of a sword on the server to the real-life name of a player in game. Another player, who I will not name, convinced me to do this via private message.” “While I will stand by the stance that this wasn't mainly my fault….”
    I don’t think it is fair to you or the server that you “unknowingly” did this, yet you won’t name the player that told you to do this. Whether it was intention or not, you did expose or "dox" a player's name. If you truly think this punishment is unfair because you did not know what you were doing, I would implore that you, for your sake and the sake of the rest of the players on UrbanMC, report this individual.

Again, I don't think trying to take Paddy down with you is going to work in your favor. You can have opinions on Paddy's character and morals; that's fine. I just don't think it is helping your case refuting it on this specific thread.

The reason Jon and Paddy brought these up was because you were banned specifically for "Doxxing + inconsideration of the rules." Yes, you have been punished in the past for disrespect. Because the "disrespect" has been frequent, AND you exposed the name of a player, you were banned; thus, bringing up these warnings and mutes is relevant.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2020
  2. Heauxs

Heauxs ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +47
    Vicky, I've never really engaged with you as a player before, but I do feel strongly enough about this appeal to voice my opinion on the situation. I've observed much of your in-game behavior, and it's absolutely awful. Your blatant disregard for chat rules paired with the fact that you won't even acknowledge that this is a reason for your ban speaks volumes about how genuine this appeal really is. I truly hope you are denied and never welcomed back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  3. OcelotPrincess

OcelotPrincess ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +279
    As mpz did mention, these offenses show reputation on the server and provide evidence and reason for the ban. I've linked a few screenshots that I have been able to collect from other players and myself. These screenshots do show that the offenses were dealt with, but the consistent and repeated violation of multiple chat rules is an "inconsideration of the rules."I tried to cover explicit words, but I may have missed some.

https://imgur.com/a/i1L0ljV

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. vickyish

vickyish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I never went after Paddy, he's the one bringing up "morals" and "being so kind to the server", as if it's relevant at all, so that is fairly justified, no? After all, this entire thread is supposed to be about "if we can welcome you back to the server", right? And while after review, the "kill yourself" thing was a joke, he still called RonPaulFan_27 a "[Redacted]" and "[Redacted]" in private message, and I think that we can both agree that hateful language such as that has no excuse, no matter the context.
    Also, how was I even supposed to know that the name of the sword was the real-life name of another player? If I did, I never would have done this in the first place. How would I have even figured out this player's real-life in the first place? I'm not even sure who I "doxxed" in the first place, it was never even told to me. If the admins ask me, and they have, I will provide as much information as I need to help find the person who is really behind this 'doxxing'.
    For the last time, I don't know how many times I need to explain this, but the "chat disrespect" is totally unrelated to my permanent ban, because this whole "disrespect" isn't a bannable offense in the first place, and it's already been addressed.

5. mpzflame

mpzflame ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +165
    Except you were the one who instigated this by inappropriately bringing up Paddy's past punishment for hacking out of no where. I agree that Paddy shouldn't have talked about his morals and such as they were off-topic (which was an inside joke but still should not have been said), but it was indeed you who brought it up first.

I agree. Paddy obviously should not have said these things even though he was scammed. If you and RonPaulFan_27 truly are hurt and want to see justice, make a report instead of trying to appeal to the masses by attacking Paddy's character.

While being warned, kicked, or muted once for "disrespect" isn't ban-able on its own, I believe staff keeps a record of this information to take into account on various cases including what we see here. Regardless, the reason for punishment LITERALLY states "Doxxing + inconsideration of the rules." You are correct in saying that being disrespectful is not a ban-able offense; however, when it is a common occurrence, it can influence a higher punishment, as is evident by the wording of the ban reason.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Kaede_39

Kaede_39 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    but why is it in the ban reason if its already been dealt with lol and its not a bannable offense but ok you keep typing redditor paragraphs

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Jonfurre

Jonfurre ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +316
    I wouldn't necessarily say it's been dealt with. But I think that that a combination of vicky repeatedly breaking chat rules almost every day he's online mixed with him doxxing was enough to finally push him into ban land.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tqtal

Tqtal ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +697
    Before I start, let me say I have not had, what appears to be the absolute displeasure of knowing you. However, given the story I have put together from both sides, and the solid evidence provided by both parties, I have developed my own opinion on the matter. I will try to conduct my thoughts in a respectful way from this point out, and I apologize if they do not appear that way later on. Let us begin.

Ho, I thank you for this stockpile of information regarding the matter. I would now like to address the people who will undoubtedly try to counter this evidence, claiming they didn't see the whole story. In normal, less excessive cases, this argument could prove successful. However, as Ho has managed to provide seven cases of blatant disrespect and overall toxicity from one player, whom he claims he has rarely interacted with, I believe we can assume these are not rare occurrences. Now addressing the apparent faults in your ban reason, I don't believe there are any. As the ban reason states you were banned for doxxing + inconsideration of rules. In my opinion, this ban is very straightforward. While doxxing was in fact the straw that broke the camel's back, your constant disregard for rules was building against you. This is also seen in the real world.
    Lets say for example, you robbed 10 houses. You now have 10 theft charges, which could land you a long-term stay in prison. However, after committing 10 robberies, you commit the worst act of all, and take the life of someone else. However, this time they catch you. You are charged, not only with murder, but also with ten felonies from the robberies you performed. Your previous criminal acts are not lost just because you do something worse. I think the staff will confirm, and already have confirmed through your ban message this is the case.
    I believe, while you claim part of your ban was unjust, the other half of your ban was built up through your childish attitude towards the rules. It is clear that, while you played here you showed absolutely no respect for players or staff. Due to your complete lack of any human decency, especially towards delicate topics, I believe an unban would be despised by most of the community. I dearly hope the staff is able to identify your purely toxic attitude, and the effects it will have on the server should they allow you to continue to harass the players and moderators of the server.

With love,
    Total

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. UrbanMC

UrbanMC ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +686
    I am just going to provide some clarification. The official ban reason, as previously discussed is "doxxing + inconsideration of the rules". This means that there are two distinct charges.
    1. Doxxing. It is important to be considerate of other players' privacy. You are responsible for your actions whether you were instructed or not. If you wish to report a player for promoting such activities that can be dealt with independently.
    2. Inconsideration of the rules. Any individual instance of disrespect is not worthy of a ban on its own. However, when taken in aggregate, more substantial action is sometimes necessary and is not unprecedented. In this case, the inconsideration consists mostly of chat offences.
    Thank you Vickyish for your patience; your appeal should have an answer sometime tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. EmmyChewy

EmmyChewy ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +84
    Your appeal has been accepted with an exception: a single rule break will lead to a permanent ban.

Thread locked.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.